7.21.2014

Fall Preview & Simple Roast Chicken Recipe

We had the most amazing weekend with beautiful weather!  It was in the high 60's and low 70's on Friday and felt amazing.  We had some rain earlier in the week, which brought in a cold front with it. For July in Texas, it was a pleasant surprise and sweet Fall preview! That called for some hammock time with Lauren and Tucker outside :)



We got a new coffee table recently, and it is round.  I love that its really rustic and the round shape makes it interesting and something different for this area.  I am definitely getting the Fall itch...usually happens every July...so coffee and candles are my perfect morning routine.  I bought about 5 cinnamon roll (fitting huh?!) candles a few months ago at Kroger on sale for .15 cents each.  I've been holding out to light them, and love the way they make our house smell pumpkins and cinnamon.



This weekend, I was grocery shopping and bought a whole chicken.  It is amazing how much more cost effective it is to just roast your own chicken.  For only $6, you can make a pretty delicious dinner that is really quick and easy.  I followed Ina Garten's recipe, found here.  I think the key is basting the raw chicken in melted butter, and I also sprinkled truffle salt all over it, which was pretty amazing.


I served it with rice, broccoli and RoRo's Dinn-A-Rolls.  It was amazing and a great comfort meal on a Sunday night before a busy week.



Hope ya'll had a great weekend!  I'll be trying to blog more especially now that my favorite season is approaching!  


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it's not just me! I've been redecorating the house for fall in my mind for the last three or four weeks! The hubs thinks I'm crazy haha

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!