8.29.2013

We're Making Progress ~ Master Bedroom

Hey guys!  So I'm happy to say that the sleigh bed is out and we are making progress with our Master Bedroom makeover!  With our bed money, we got the Lexington Quilt from West Elm in Gray, and I am really happy with it so far.  I wanted a darker quilt to help keep our bed from showing every single dog hair or paw that jumps on the bed...our dogs are spoiled and it definitely showed with an all white bed!



I also received my late grandmother, GB's, old dresser after she passed away this Summer.  She read my blog daily back when I posted everyday :)  So, I am so happy to be able to blog about the things in our home that have come from her.  They are so special to me, and she had amazing style with the pieces she chose to decorate her home with.  She spent years going to garage sales and estate sales, and truly had some treasures.  Over the next few weeks, I'll show more of the neat furniture we brought into our home from her.

This is  the dresser, and I love the shape.  I am debating what color to paint both of our dressers...I may go with Urbane Bronze by Sherwin Williams...it is becoming one of my favorite paint colors to use lately in our house.  Who knows what will go above it...a mirror, a gallery wall, a pair of lamps on the dresser??  That will be after all the basics get done first!  What I do love about this is the picture on the right of my husband getting baptized when he was 20 years old.  Such a neat moment to witness, and it is a great reminder of his love for Christ and our family when I wake up every morning :)


Moving on to the other new details...I also hung three of our wedding photos on a small wall.  These frames used to be a dark silver, and I spray painted them white last weekend.  I really love how they turned out!


I also painted an antique mirror from my grandmother.  It was a weird gold before that just didn't work. Now it is a glossy white!


So here is a shot of the whole room to give you an idea of where we are at...Can't wait to make our tufted headboard!  AND - the bed desperately needs a bedskirt...so please ignore that :)



I have finally decided on this pillow combination...I want LOTs of pillows and a big fluffy bed, so I cannot wait for these!

I plan to purchase a yard of this Caitlin Wilson fabric and have my grandmother, (RoRo!) sew two 26x26 Euro size pillows for the shams.  I wanted some gold!


Followed by 2 or 3 of these 20x20 size pillows in this Emerald Green Velvet Fabric


I plan to buy a yard of this Windsor Smith for Kravet Riad fabric in Jet and have RoRo make two 18x18 pillows.


With one 14x20 pillow in this raspberry velvet fabric front and center!



What do you think??  I am super excited and can't wait to get going on these! 


I'll be posting updates as we knock some things off our list in this room!



2 comments:

  1. love the progress so far! The headboard is really going to pull everything together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Info in the blog is out of this world, I so want to read more. Click Bakery Truck

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!